Taproom General Manager
As one of the leading craft breweries in South Africa, our purpose at Jack Black is to delight and connect South Africa’s beer drinkers with the best craft beer in the country. We’ve being doing this with passion, since 2007. We’re on the hunt again for another epic addition to the Jack Black Family.
In the role of Taproom General Manager, you will be an integral part of maintaining the taproom as one of the Jack Black’s most important brand extensions. You will lead and motivate your team towards the vision of a high-performance team culture and drive management initiatives to continually improve both service, product and consumer-brand interface excellence.
Jack Black believes in our brands and our people. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking team players who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes? Read on…
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works directly with the Finance, Operations and Marketing teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development of annual Taproom/Retail shop budgets, training programs and initiatives.
- Weekly reporting to Management Team on sales, events, plans and projects.
- Accountability of day-to-day operations and service excellence.
- Maintain restaurant revenue, profitability and quality goals.
- Be responsible for restaurants regulatory requirements, operational policies, health and safety, food safety, licensing.
- Team leadership, training, motivation and development of the full Taproom team.
- Monitor and control all par stock levels.
- Maintain effective cost control measures, and expense reduction initiatives.
- Menu development with Chef and applicable implementation and training.
- Developing SOP’s to company standard.
- Be a true brand Ambassador when liaising with customers.
- Assisting and training teams on required administration.
- Plan and execute Taproom functions with clients and Jack Black marketing.
- And last but very importantly – the ability to roll up your sleeves and help…“to get the job done…no matter what!”
We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is essential. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team, then we want you to join us, a group of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique craft brew.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Should you not hear from us within 5 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.